Monday 30 April 2018

Expectations

I often think that the world might be simpler without expectations. Then there are times I am reminded how important they are. Originally I had in my mind that I would write about the negative aspects of having expectations but as I actually began this post, it became very apparent that without expectations, well there wouldn't be progress or improvement.

I guess before I go into the meat of everything that I've been thinking over the past 5 minutes or so, I'll quickly summarize my original point of writing this blog, that being the negative side of having expectations. The reason I thought of this was because there have been many times in my life, where I've had expectations of some form or another, that have caused me to experience a range of emotions from mildly disappointed, to being heartbroken due to my expectations. Usually when an expectation is left unfulfilled there are negative feelings in relation to that which was expected - pretty obvious right? Many of my observations are as such.

Thus far, I am making the assumption you are in agreement with what I've stated thus far. I do admit there may be more negative things to discuss about the topic of 'Expectations' however I feel like I want to share more positive things on this topic. I definitely won't cover every aspect the positive benefits of having expectations nor do I plan to, but I will share what I feel to be relevant to me at the time, as I always do on this blog.

There are of course expectations that are realistic and understandable expectations. Some being that most adults should be able to support themselves. I not saying that people with struggles should just suck it up and get through it. No, I think that being able to support yourself means doing all that you can to progress and move forward, but also having the understanding and humility to seek help when you need it.

I actually don't remember what I had planned originally when I started this blog post so I'll leave it at that for now... maybe one day I'll figure out what I had intended but.. alas today is not the day

No comments:

Post a Comment