Saturday 14 December 2013

Winter Driving Part 1 - Pick a lane

So just a note to all those of you who drive in Toronto, or anyone who drives in the snow. First of many,

IF you're driving on a road that has 2 lanes going one direction and 2 lanes going another direction, it is NOT okay to drive in the middle the two lanes of your respective direction. There is enough room to drive with 2 cars going either direction side by side in each individual lane. If you don't feel confident driving with another car beside you, slow down. If this still scares you, don't drive. It is not safer to drive in the middle of the road because you end up confusing the respective lanes that people have made driving through the snow before hand. If you aren't sure where your lane is, either drive close to the curb where you can judge your distance away from the curb, OR drive with enough space between you and the curb to fit another car in between.

Maybe I'm being a bit hard on lots of drivers out there, but I encountered someone who drove in the middle of 2 lanes for the longest time and would not move from the "path" they decided to take while everyone behind them was driving in 2 separate lanes. I wouldn't have been so annoyed by this person had they been going faster than 20km/h. I ended up passing the person by going half in on coming traffic when the way was clear and left everyone behind me, but seriously. UGH this is gonna be a long winter of bad drivers.

Leave your comments below, I'd love to hear about your thoughts on this.

I'll rant about these things as I see them, I know I will see more!

No comments:

Post a Comment